Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Don't Wanna Be Like Mike

"Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil."
Ephesians 5:15-16

*******************

So if you have turned on the television or looked at a paper in the last couple of days, you have no doubtingly seen the story about Michael Phelps. The saddest part of the whole thing is that he was a role model for so many kids. People from all over, regardless of age, admired him and looked up to him. He has, because of a stupid mistake, let so many down. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to pass judgement on him. In fact it has made me ponder the question, am I living in a way that is pleasing to God? Pastor John's sermon this past Sunday dealt with becoming holy. He asked two questions: Do you want to be Holy? and Do you want to live like Christ? I hope the answer is yes. I know it is for me. So let us ask ourselves another question: Are we doing anything that would hurt our witness? If the answer is yes then I challenge you to stop, confess it to God, ask for forgiveness and don't do it anymore.

Further Reading:
1 Peter 1:13-19
Ephesians 5:1-21

Have a great night and see you at Illuminate tomorrow!

Also please be in prayer for Josh, he is not feeling well and his car is giving him a lot of trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment