Ephesian 4:26a
********************************
What a simple but powerful verse. I was checking my Facebook the other night and came across a statement posted by a former student. It absolutely floored me. I couldn't believe that they would write something like that. Later in the week I saw this person online and started a conversation with them. It seems the reason for their language was due in part by the fact that a friend of theirs is dying. I don't know all the details about this particular case, but it reminded me of a song that I heard back when I was in college. I went to a concert and this band was the opening act. Let me preface this with saying that this was during my before Christ days. Anyway, the lead singer told the story of why she wrote this song. It was because she had a friend that had died and she was angry. In the song she basically cursed God. Needless to say their career didn't last too long. I wonder why.
In James 1:2, Paul writes "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds." The key word in this passage is "whenever". This means you will face trials, not you may face trials. God measures your heart buy the way you handle those trials when they come. He also uses them to mold you into the person he wants you to be. I'm not saying that it's wrong to get angry, but if you sin out of your anger, then that's wrong.
Further Reading
James 1: 1-18
Have a great weekend and like always I'll see you Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment