John 8:12
*********************************
This week the elementary students went to Camp Kid Jam in Anderson. As part of my role to pray for the kids at camp, I was given a dry erase pen to write on my mirror in the bathroom. That way every morning I would be reminded to pray for certain kids and things. I picked the pen up last night and it had the words "Chase the Light" along with "John 8:12" written on it. That was the theme for this years camp.When we think about light, things like the sun, light bulbs and flashlights come to mind. Without these things the world would be dark. In a dark world we wouldn't be able to survive. Plants and people need light to grow. Things can't grow and thrive in darkness. We frequently associate darkness with bad things such as depression, fear and of course Satan himself. In fact surveys by health organizations even equate high suicide rates to areas that are usually rainy and dark.
Several years ago DC Talk had a song called "In the Light". The lyrics say "I want to be in the light, as you are in the light. I want to shine like the stars in the heavens. Oh lord be my light and be my salvation. All I want is to be in the light." Psalm 27:1 reads, "The Lord is my light and my salvation." If you are in Christ and Christ in you then you also are in the light. If you remember, Illuminate has a verse that we associate with and it's Matthew 5:16, "let your light shine before men."
Spend some time thinking about these verses and then ask yourself these questions. 1) Am I in the light? and 2) Am I letting that light shine before men?
Have a great weekend and see you Sunday!!!
I was looking at logos for my churchs new youth program and saw yours.
ReplyDeleteI was wondering what 5:16 stands for.
*interested
Matthew 5:16 "..let your light shine before men..."
ReplyDelete