Ok...so I really love when God puts themes in my life. I love to know He's there and feel His presence by these 'God sightings' (to put it in Nick@Night terms) that have a consistent theme. So the theme right now...what the Holy Spirit has been urging me to pray about for my small group (including myself), and for you - the youth, and what Pastor John spoke about on Sunday, and what I just read about in Josh's blog...is Spiritual Warfare.
When I was a younger Christian I was afraid of this idea...that fear caused me to believe it didn't exist. For some number of years up through college, I didn't beleive the devil existed. I actually thought - yes, there is a God...but there is no devil. It's nicer and prettier that way...and easier. Just because we ignore something it doesn't make it do away or not exist. It means, especially if it's something like Spiritual Warfare, that we simply and surely will not be ready when it attacks.
Read Ephesians 6:10-18.
We need to stand strong IN GOD....not far away from Him...not near Him when we feel like it. we are only safe when we are with God. This battle wages all the time. It doesn't sleep...satan's wariors don't take breaks. Therefore, our standing in God and our preparedness for this battle must not take breaks. Because as soon as we get slack - that's when satan makes contact and we are wounded. Our souls will forever be scarred by the sins we commit. I'm not certain how that plays out in eternity - because God will still forgive us - thanks to Jesus' blood - and His will will still be done. I just know that with our sins - when we deviate from God - comes consequences.
First we need to recognize the war is real.
Second we need to realize we are in it - whether we want to be or not.
Third we need to take it seriously and prepare mentally and spiritually for this war. To be ready for battle.
Fourth we need to live our lives each second - ready for the emeny to attack and knowing and having faith that God is more powerful and has already won.
We are fighting for the winning side - we need to live like it.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment