Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What to do now.

Something that ive noticed the past three years that ive been a Christian (and really in the two months or so that ive been writing for the blog), is that sometimes we can hear and feel the holy spirit working in us and we know just exactly what we need to do. Other times it seems strangely silent and we may feel a little bit lost. After examining the issue on a personal level ive come down to two reasons as to why this occurs. The first and most obvious is that sometimes we allow things into our lives that while they dont seem bad at first are actually changing us in subtle ways that prevent us from hearing what the spirit has to say.

The other way and something that ive been struggling with recently is that sometimes the sheep, or the children need to tackle something on their own for a little bit. Not to say that God leaves us alone because thats just not the case, but children cant always were floaties in the pool and they cant keep the training wheels on forever. When I first started writing the blog I would feel very strongly about some topic or some verse for several days before i would even write it down and I knew for sure that that was what i was supposed to write on. Then other weeks (mostly the weeks that ive missed) i didnt really feel overly strong about anything in particular and then the time to write came up and it became convenient to forget because I didnt want to have to work to find the message i was supposed to write about. I didnt want to have to take the time. Well that was my mistake and for those missed posts I apoligize.

The path will not always be clear and sometimes it will seem like we have to make very tough decisions on our own and it can be anything from a blog topic or, who to date, or if you should tell a little lie to your parents, it could even be as big as if you need to quit your job or maybe even move. Decisions like these can be difficult, especially if you feel like your not being listened too. But always remember that God hears your prayers its just that sometimes he remains quiet because he knows whats best for us all of the time, because we dont almost all of the time.

P.S, When you feel like your not being listened to always remember theres this crazy book that God left here on earth called the Bible. Maybe he's being quiet because it time for you to spend more time in its pages than you have been, for me i think thats exactly what it is (if you noticed i havnt posted a verse on here in awhile).

Take a minute to read these three verses and maybe if your in a spot where you feel like God's being strangely quiet then maybe these words will encourage you.

"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:19

'Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. ' Isaiah 41:10

"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." John 16:33






No comments:

Post a Comment