Friday, July 3, 2009

Communicating with Him

"And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well"
James 5:15a
*********************
Well it's been a couple of weeks now since my last blog and I am ready to jump back in. For those of you that have been attending Illuminate over the past few weeks you know that we have been talking about spiritual disciplines. This past Wednesday we talked about prayer. I have to admit that my prayer life could be alot better. I, like so many others, struggle to fit prayer into my daily routine.

When my wife and I don't take the time to communicate with one another, we start to have troubles. Communication is a huge part of a marriage. It's what helps two people get to know one another and to grow closer. Prayer is the most important part of being in a relationship with Christ. Prayer is our way of communicating with Him and getting to know him. Without prayer we will fall away from God and trouble sets in.

The other night I asked the students to pray for a friend of mine's daughter. She was scheduled for brain surgery on Thursday. I found out later that they had to postpone it because of illness. As I continue to pray for her, I am reminded of some verses in the book of James.

Read James 5:13-20

Take note of how James tells the reader that prayer must be accompanied by faith to be effective. Please continue to pray and I will see you on Sunday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment