Saturday, April 4, 2009

Please Forgive Me

"For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."
Matthew 6: 14-15
***********************

Well first of all let me say that I know this is a day late. I won't make any excuses. I forgot. Anyway, last night I spent time with my Friday night small group and we are going through the Fireproof marriage study. The lesson last night was on forgiveness. Forgiveness is one of those things that is easier said than done. It's hard to forgive, especially if someone has really hurt you. But whether or not its hard doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. After all God forgave us. We in turn should forgive others. I challenged my group and now I challenge anyone who reads this to think about the people that they need to forgive and the people they need to seek forgiveness from and take action and as Nike likes to put it, "Just Do It", before its to late. Pastor Rob Bell has an awesome video entitled Luggage that talks about true forgiveness. If you get a chance, check it out. Also spend time reading Matthew 18:21-35 The Parable of the Unmerciful Servant. This passage is a great illustration of how God forgave us, now we should forgive others.

Have a great Weekend and I'll see you Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment