Tonight is Josh's last night with Illuminate. The student ministry is going to be going through a time of change and transition this summer and maybe beyond. I have seen in my life, that satan tries to take advantage of times of change. He sees the opportunity of people being out of their comfort zone, perhaps scared or doubtful of the future, and he urges them to dwell on those negative feelings of discomfort, fear, distrust, doubt, pride, etc.
As a youth group, I think it's important that all be aware of satan's attacks on us and on Illuminate. We need to pray for God's protection on the youth group during this time of change.
My devotional today was on love and obedience. Read 2 John 1:1-6. John begins his letter emphasizing the importance to love one another. He then goes on to remind us of the great commandment that Jesus left us with: "'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the great and foremost commandment. The second is like it, 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'" Matthew 22:37-39
So I leave us with this challenge. Let us be obedient to Jesus' command. Let us love one another. Let us look to each other for support. Let us go to someone when they are hurting. Let us share in good times and bad. Let us look to one another for help in understanding and learning about God. And most importantly...let us pray for one another. I do know that satan will try to tear us apart at this time....this is the time we need to be ready to push him away and say 'we know God has a plan for this youth group....and it's awesome and I want to be a part of it!'
See you tonight :)
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment