John 19:30
***********************
When I think about a good Friday, I think about getting off of work early on a sunny day and going home to my family and maybe heading to the park or golf course. The last thing I think of is being beaten to near death and then being nailed to a cross before finally dying. So why do we call the Friday before Easter "Good". Well if it were not for that horrific event nearly 2000 years ago, then we would have no hope of ever having a "good" Friday or any other good day in fact. You see because of Jesus' death, we who are called Christians have the knowledge that when we are no longer a part of this world we will have a good day everyday for eternity.
There is a saying that I have repeated several times while playing golf. A bad day on the golf course is better then a good day at work. Well think of it this way. A day in heaven is better then the best day on Earth.
Enjoy this Easter weekend and reflect on the true meaning of the holiday. It is the greatest holiday of the year.
Read Chapters 19 and 20 in the Book of John this weekend and reflect on what Jesus really did for us. Hope to see everyone tonight and Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment