Romans 10:9
************************
The ever important message of salvation and how to attain it. Trust and believe. That's it. Why is it so critical for us as Christian to proclaim this truth to the nations? Simply put, we never know what tomorrow will bring and if we want our loved ones to enter into Heaven we need to act now. Some of you may know that one year ago today I lost my brother to cancer. He was my closest sibling, not that I don't love my other siblings equally, he and I just had more in common. (Specifically our love for Carolina football) We spent half of our lives together going to games and watching them on TV. Most of our conversations were centered around the Gamecocks. It took a terrible illness to finally make me understand that I am here for more than just football talk. One night when I was headed to Wal-Mart with my kids, I started listening to the song 'Here I go again' by Casting Crowns and I totally lost it. I cried like a baby. My kids asked me why I was crying. I simply told them it was because I needed to talk to my brother. That week I spoke to my brother and he placed his faith in Christ and I knew that we would see each other again. A week later I spent the night with him in the Hospital and the whole next day, I went home to get some rest and told his wife to call me if anything happened. I laid down to take a nap and all of a sudden I was awoken by a sharp pain in my chest. I thought I was having a heart attack. A couple of minutes later, the phone rang and my brother lost his battle with cancer and went home to be with Jesus. The pain I felt was a piece of my heart dying along with my brother. I thank God for giving me the opportunity to lead my brother home. In the Fall we spread my brothers ashes along the beach and in the ocean. Today I am headed back there to spend sometime talking to God and my brother. I will also be praying for all of you and your walks with Christ.
Cherish the time you have with the people in your life and spend time talking to them about salvation. One of my favorite verses is Philemon 1:6 it says, "I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ." That will be my prayer for you tonight.
Have a great weekend and I will see you next week at Illuminate.
Fritts
No comments:
Post a Comment