"So if you faithfully obey the commands I am giving you today - to love the Lord your God and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul - then I will send rain on your land in its season."
Deuteronomy 11:13-14a
********************
Isn't it funny how when your sitting around feeling down, God sends you a little note or sign that gives you a whole new perspective on the situation. That happened to me today. I have been pondering the question, "Why am I doing this?", over the last few weeks. The "this" is Youth ministry. I won't lie to you, there are times when I just want to give up and that's when God steps in. You see sometimes I let it get to me when I see youth make mistakes or stop coming to church or act in a way that is not pleasing to God. I have to keep reminding myself that I was a teenager once. But regardless the question still pops up every now and again. And then God shows up. The passage above was part of a devotion I get from Purpose Driven. The devotion talked about serving God with all your heart and that means serving God with your passion. My passion for the last six years has been youth ministry. These verses remind me that if I serve this ministry with my whole heart and serve him passionately, then the rain (in this case blessings) will come in His own timing not mine. So your probably wondering why I am writing this. Well I simply wanted to give you an example of how God talks to me and let you know that He wants so desperately to have a relationship with you. Just a little word of encouragement from me to you. If somethings bothering you or somethings got you down, open up God's word and let him talk to you today. Love you guys and I thank God for putting you in my life. Have a great weekend and hope to see you on Sunday.
Deuteronomy 11:13-14a
********************
Isn't it funny how when your sitting around feeling down, God sends you a little note or sign that gives you a whole new perspective on the situation. That happened to me today. I have been pondering the question, "Why am I doing this?", over the last few weeks. The "this" is Youth ministry. I won't lie to you, there are times when I just want to give up and that's when God steps in. You see sometimes I let it get to me when I see youth make mistakes or stop coming to church or act in a way that is not pleasing to God. I have to keep reminding myself that I was a teenager once. But regardless the question still pops up every now and again. And then God shows up. The passage above was part of a devotion I get from Purpose Driven. The devotion talked about serving God with all your heart and that means serving God with your passion. My passion for the last six years has been youth ministry. These verses remind me that if I serve this ministry with my whole heart and serve him passionately, then the rain (in this case blessings) will come in His own timing not mine. So your probably wondering why I am writing this. Well I simply wanted to give you an example of how God talks to me and let you know that He wants so desperately to have a relationship with you. Just a little word of encouragement from me to you. If somethings bothering you or somethings got you down, open up God's word and let him talk to you today. Love you guys and I thank God for putting you in my life. Have a great weekend and hope to see you on Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment