Read Deuteronomy 8:1-10
In my bible study this week, God showed me a very important point. Something that I hadn't thought of before. Often when I'm struggling through something, perhaps a recurring sin, I ask God to delivery me from it....or it from me. To take away a temptation or a desire. To not let a situation arise. This is one of those unanswered prayers that I should be thankful for.
Often God does not deliver us from these situations. He allows them to happen to allow us to grow. When we are put in a situation - our character is tested - our faith in God is tested - we have the ability to choose satan's way our the path God created for us. When I fail or fall to sin...it shows a heart problem that I have. I need to look foward to these times....because each is one step closer to when I will only desire God's plan for me.
In the new testament Paul talks a lot about rejoicing through suffering. Read Romans 5:1-5.
We need to not just ask God to take away these learning opportunities...but to see them for what they are. When we stumble or fail....ask God to show you the error of your ways and to fix your heart to desire only His will. Each failure will create a stronger you. Each spiritual growth opportunity will create a closer bond between you and God and you see how He is all loving....all forgiving...
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment