Well if you were at Illuminate this week, then you know we talked about having a servant heart. That means living like Christ lived. Mark 10:45 tells us that Jesus was not here to be served or cared for, he was here to serve those who he loved. So then the first step to serving like Christ is learning to serve others in love. I don't know about you but I love the feeling I get when I serve someones needs. Think back on a time when someone did something nice for you and how it made you feel.
I remember when I was about 16, I went to a Carolina football game with my parents. I didn't have a ticket at the time but I figured I could get one at the game. As I was asking around if anyone had a ticket for sale, one of my father's friends handed me a ticket and said, "Here ya go." When I asked him how much he wanted, he told me "nothing." Then he said something I will never forget, he said, "Jeff I am giving you this ticket and all I ask in return is that next time you have an extra ticket, you give it to someone who needs it." I agreed and went into the game and had a great time. A few years later I had an extra pair of tickets, on my way into the stadium I saw a man holding his son and trying to find tickets. I asked him how many he needed and he said two. I handed him my extra tickets and told him and his son to enjoy the game. When he asked me how much I just repeated the words that my father's friend told me. It felt so good to see the look on their faces. I honestly can't tell you anything else about that game, but I will never forget that moment.
This is exactly what God did for us. We needed a savior and he gave us one. It didn't cost us anything. The only thing he asks in return is for us to share that gift with the ones around us. That is why Jesus told us to "go and make disciples." Spend sometime reflecting on the verses we studyed on Wednesday. If you forgot what they were I have listed them below.
Have a great weekend and I'll see you on Sunday.
Mark 10: 35 - 45
Luke 14: 7 - 11
Philippians 2: 5 - 11
Friday, May 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment