Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Taking Responsibility

A large part of being a christian is taking responsibility for ones actions and for the thoughts that cross your mind. We take responsibility by repenting and by confessing to God our wrongdoings. Many times this is all that is required and we not only feel better afterwords but we also just feel renewed like we have been wiped clean and been accepted all over again. But sometimes our troubles run deeper and for whatever reason even when we offer up our repentance we just dont feel as though were clean anymore, we feel as if we are lost in the woods. Its during times like these that we have to seriously evaluate our lives and the things in our lives that are preventing us from having a heart set on God. God will never turn us away it is only our own internal condition that can keep us from feeling his presence and will in our lives. I am currently going through such a situation, but for me things are a little more complicated. I write for the blog and I am supposed to be an adult leader in the youth group but for some reason for the last month ive felt myself grow distant and I cant figure out why. So this will be my last post for awhile while as I try and sort myself out, i'm going to be spending a lot of time in the word and a lot of time in prayer and if you could all pray for me as well that would be amazing. I love northpoint and I love the youth group and for that very reason I cant continue in the capacity that I am until I figure out whats been happening internally.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you Joe. Read this if you get a chance - it might comfort you a bit.

    http://www.jjohnsonlive.com/2009/02/ode-to-clive.html

    ReplyDelete